Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Let the Training Begin!

Today at common prep we talked about stagnation, particularly in teaching. But stagnation can leak into other areas of our lives as well, and all this talk about it makes me realize it's creeping up on me.

Maybe it's not so much stagnation as it is being stuck in a rut. When school is out in the summer, it doesn't take long for me to long for the "schedule" that school provides in my life -- but now that it's here, it feels oppressive at times. I need something new and exciting to work toward.

Enter: Warrior Dash. Warrior Dash is a crazy event that my equally crazy friend, Jen, happened across. So far, five of my college friends and I have signed up for the MN Warrior Dash in Hastings this summer. While the Warrior Dash is about the length of a 5K, it's so much more: slipping and sliding down muddy slopes, clambering over rusty cars, struggling over cargo nets, slipping under barbed-wire, and jumping over fire. Yes, fire! And the whole blasted race takes place at Afton Alps ski resort, so I'm thinking the course is anything but flat. Ugh. I'm simultaneously dreading and excited for it!

Needless to say, I must start training. I'm hoping this gives me the little boost I need to shake me out of this funk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment